Network effects, e-commerce, venture capital investing
- Public profile
Glasshouse Street 27-29
W1B 5DF London
|Contact||Sign in to view details|
|Phone||Sign in to view details|
|Sign in to view details|
We set up Piton Capital having experienced first-hand the power of businesses based on network economics at Autotrader, Betfair and QXL Ricardo.
Fundamentally, such a company has a product or service that gets better the more people use it. The classic example is the telephone – not very useful for the first person owning it, but very powerful when everybody has one. The Internet has enabled a whole new range of sectors to organize around this principle. That is particularly true where large and fragmented user groups can now be connected.
This dynamic of a product or service getting better with more users leads to winner-takes-all markets, which sometimes plays out on a global level, like with Betfair or Skype, and sometimes locally, like with marketplaces where logistics, language, payment and trust play an important role.
|Provider type:||Venture Capital|
|Legal name:||Piton Capital LLP|
- Investment amount per startup: €50.000 - €2.500.000
- Minimum annual startup revenue: -
- Startup positive EBITDA: Not Mandatory
- Investment types: Minority equity, Majority equity
- Industry focus: Venture Capital, Consumer Goods & Services, Internet, Information Technology, Internet, Gaming, Mobile
- Geographic focus: Europe
- Stage focus: Seed, Early, Expansion